The older kids participate in a track meet. Maizee was one of the faster girls in her PE class so they told her she was running the 100 and 200 meter races. She took 3rd in both races competing against the fastest girls in the third grade. She also ran on a relay team with her friends. They didn't win, but had fun running it. We got to go spend the morning with the school watching all the track and field events.
Lindsey's program was There Is No One Like Me. The kids sang and shared things that they had learned throughout the school year. The gym was so packed I couldn't get close enough to take a picture during the program so I got some cute shots afterwards. 
Ironically enough, I just noticed that someones pencil with streamers on it got in the pictures. That was Lindsey's one complaint, that one teacher told them all that they could keep the pencils after the program, but her teacher told them that they could not, because she didn't want to have to make new ones for the next school year. My Lindsey doesn't complain much and is pretty happy go lucky. So it must have really bothered her to not get to keep the pencil.
Lindsey and Mrs. Adams.
Maizee's class did the play A Midsummer Nights Dream. She was Hermia and had some real challenges along they way. She came home one day and told me that she could not go back to school the next day because she had to hold hands with "Lysander", or as I like to call him, "Handsome Lysander". Miss Soper told them they had to or she would hold them back and make them do it again next year. I think they just faked it, so it looked like they were holding hands.
The play was really cute and she did a good job with her part. I didn't get a picture of her and Handsome Lysander, because he quickly left the gym after the play to get out of his costume.
Here is Miss Lindsey with her awards. She got this cool medallion and a certificate for being one of the top readers in 1st grade. She is a little book worm and loves reading.
She also got an award for attendance and science and the national physical fitness award.
The parents didn't get invited to the 1st graders awards assembly so I didn't get to see Lindsey receive her awards. But I am proud of her for her accomplishments and hope she keeps it up!
Miss Maizee got a perfect attendance award, presidential physical fitness and then 2 ribbons for her 3rd place in the 100 and 200 meter track meets.
The girls had a good school year and are excited for the teachers next year. Maizee is excited about the girls that are in her class and so am I. But most of all we are all super excited that it is summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment